Sunday, August 16, 2009

...BAD NEWS...

So, I know I've been really really lazy... but I have excuses. I have recently joined the world of employment, and I've been working on some shoe designs for a friend with a label (more later).

And, the bad news... they've cancelled the shoe making course I was doing, which is the only real shoe making course in the state, and one of only two Australia-wide. It's a shame, and their reasoning - it's a hobby course only, no-one is taking it to a career level and all shoe design/making is being done off-shore. The worst thing they can do in such a situation? Shut down the only course that lets people learn these skills! A more reasonable solution would be to have a course that ran more than one day a week, turn it into a course where people can learn the skills they need to turn it into a career.

Anyway, like I said I'm working on some shoes for a friend's label and we're hoping to get samples made up soon...

5 comments:

  1. Hi

    My Blog “The Stiletto Effect” and CHANEL are GIVINGAWAY one "Chanel Le Vernis # 479 Kaleidoscope (Limited Edition)".
    Being a Limited Edition this colour is already out of stock, so maybe this will be the only way to get one!

    To enter just visit www.thestilettoeffect.com
    Good Luck!

    Kisses
    Susana R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog, so you're a shoe designer? wow, i'm definitely following now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. what that is so stupid! hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to do a shoemaking course (one of many on the list). bummer that they're stopping it - how are we going to keep the crafts alive?

    ReplyDelete