Wednesday, February 18, 2009

...I ♥ RODARTE & NICHOLAS KIRKWOOD...

I haven't been too impressed with much I've seen from New York Fashion Week, but I'm so in love with the Rodarte Fall 2009 collection. There's not much to say, the images speak for themselves - such a beautifully considered collection as a whole (rather than the one or two statement pieces so often seen). 

I especially love the silver jacket in the second image...


The thigh-high grey and black boots by brit Nicholas Kirkwood completed the collection perfectly - I kind of feel it wouldn't have been the same collection without the delectable soft leather bandage-style boots. Are mummified feet going to be the next big thing? I can only hope so. These are a little Edward Scissorhands-esque... which I love. I wish I could see the heel on them though - Kirkwood shoes have such amazingly unique silhouettes.



I wasn't, however, such a fan of the heels he did for Rodarte SS09. I love the signature reverse platform, but I'm not a fan of all the straps and chains... they feel a bit tacky compared to most of his other work which is pretty much wearable art.

4 comments:

  1. sooo beautiful.
    especially now that i see the connection between the collection and edward scissorhands
    i need the leggings and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rodarte can de no wrong at the moment. Everything he produces is crazy and wonderful

    Please check out http://vintage-tea.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. rodarte is not a He

    ReplyDelete