Monday, February 16, 2009

...LUCKY GIRL...

I got given this beautiful painting by Sydney street artist Ears for Christmas from the boy. I've only just gotten around to scanning it though.



I love his work - I feel as if it really blurs the lines traditionally laid down between street and fine art. We went to an exhibition called Cardboard City at Oh Really Gallery in Newtown where a group of artists had all done works on cardboard and were selling them for $20 each straight off the walls - such a fantastic way to make art accessible to everyone. 

Here's a few of the Ears pieces on the streets around Sydney - see more of his images on his website.. ears to the ground.



My boy's having an exhibition of his photographs at Oh Really Gallery from 25th June to 2nd July - can't wait to see it!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out leChic!
    Of course we'll swap links ;)
    BTW- I saw below you're looking for a stud setting tool. well in actual fact unless you go the root of eighties bedazzle- it's all done by hand: you have to press each one in one at a time and fold the back prongs over with the back of a spoon.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You noticed the nails haha thanks!! =]

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from Trinidad.

    I luv the art and the fact its on cardboard.

    ReplyDelete