Friday, February 6, 2009

...PLAYING THE WAITING GAME...

I am loving this look from a few days ago at The Sartorialist.

The muted khaki and chocolate palette, the relaxed silhouette of the jacket, the bag, the snakeskin pumps - but most of all the loosely tailored khaki pants. I want! According to one of the comments on The Sartorialist they're from ZARA.

Why don't we have ZARA in Australia? The stores are pretty much everywhere else in the world. I heard a rumour they would be here by 2010. All that waiting...

If we did have ZARA, I would be buying the grey tailored harem-like pants and the nude jacket.


These tan booties with no tongue look like knock-offs of the Ann Demeulemeester RTW Spring Summer '09 boots - I'm loving the cut out heel detail on the ZARA version.
Vs.


On the topic of ZARA designer knock-offs - their version of the Balmain studded heel is one of the better ones I've seen around. I loved these when I first saw them, now I've seen so many (not so great) knock-offs I'm not too sure...

Vs.

Seeming as there is absolutely no way I can afford the real ones in either case, I'd love to get my hands on the ZARA versions...but until they come to Australia, or start an online store it looks like I'll be playing the waiting game... And hoping they do a knock-off of the denim military jacket with those incredible sculpted shoulders.

images from style.com and zara

4 comments:

  1. i HOPE someone comes up with a knock- off Balmain military jacket. That would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like their version of the Ann D boots...inspired, but not copied. Zara come to Australia already!!!

    ReplyDelete